Bridal Shower Vegan Dessert Options
Who says you must resign to boring leaves and vegetables just because you have gone vegan? Who says you can’t have an amazing dessert while you watch your favorite TV show just because you’ve moved to the other side of diet? Trust me, you can. You can enjoy sumptuous cakes, doughnuts, pies and even cookies and biscuits while staying green and healthy.
I’ve put together a comprehensive guide to three of the most amazing and delightful vegan desserts to keep you going each day, while you maintain your diet regimen.
- Pineapple Cake
Think fruity, moisture and sweet? Then look no further than the juicy pineapple cake. You will need about 5 slices of chopped pineapple, ½ cup of granulated sugar, 2 tsp of vegetable oil, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 cup of all-purpose white flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda, and a pinch of salt. You’ll also need to preheat the oven up to 350° and do much of the regular baking processes such as greasing the baking dish with either butter or oil, serving the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to remove impurities.
- Mix the chopped pineapple, sugar and lemon juice and blend to puree.
- Mix the puree with oil along with dry ingredients. Do this lightly until it becomes a batter.
- Put the batter into the greased baking dish and leave in the oven to bake for 40 minutes. Use a toothpick or knife to check. If not properly baked, leave for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take it out and leave to cool on the rack.
- Serve as desired with whipped cream or frost.
- Vegan Banana Cupcake
This is an easy Banana Cupcake that you can rustle up quite easily and have at a party, get-together, or during a movie with friends and family. They’re egg and dairy-free and great for you if you’re on a vegan diet. The ingredients you need are 2 large blackened and peeled bananas, 50ml sunflower/vegetable oil, 65g light brown sugar, 150g plain flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp oats, 50g seed mix and dried fruit, and 2 tbsp mixed seeds. The process to making your vegan Banana Cupcake is as follows.
- Preheat the oven up to 180°C.
- Put the bananas, oil and sugar in a bowl and mash together until properly mixed.
- Add your flour, cinnamon, baking powder, dried fruit, as well as seed mix, and mix properly.
- Line the Cupcake tray with the number of cases the bananas can take, and fill each of them up to ¾ full. Then sprinkle the mixed seeds and oats over them.
- Place in the oven and leave to bake for 25-30 minutes. Some bakers insert a skewer into a muffin and when that comes out clean, it’s an indication it is properly baked.
- Bring it out and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies
Talk about a moist, mouth-filling, and tender goodness with just a mild crackly crust on the outside; you won’t just love the look and the feel, but you’re sure to love the taste as well. They are much sweeter and healthier than the conventional blondie and can really get you hooked. The ingredients needed to make cinnamon Chickpea blondies are canned chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, raw cane sugar, oat flour, kosher salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and white chocolate chips or nuts (dairy free).
- Prepare baking pan, oven, and food processor.
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas and measure other ingredients.
- Make your batter by blending chickpeas, maple syrup, and nut butter until you achieve a perfect mix.
- Combine batter with dry ingredients. Ensure you sift all dry ingredients, including baking powder, sugar, baking soda, oat flour, cinnamon and salt and mix with the Chickpea batter in a large bowl.
- Place in your pan and bake.
- Eat just how you like it.
There are other recipes you can try out and there are several resources online to help you. Strawberry Doughnuts + Jam Frosting and Salted Maple Pecan Energy Balls are two notable examples of vegan desserts you can try out if you’re out for something delicious and healthy. Ensure you follow this guide religiously, but you can also tweak things a bit to give it your own flavor.